Students must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the Talent Search program:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent has a 4-year college degree)
- Meet the federal family low-income guidelines
- Enrolled at and attending one of our several target schools
- Have completed the 6th grade
- Be between the ages of 11 and 27
The Talent Search program requires that two-thirds of the participants must be low-income and potential first-generation college students. The remaining one-third can be either low-income, potential first-generation college students, or other as determined by Talent Search staff members.
Students are selected based on a number of criteria including academic need and performance, student’s self-assessment, teacher/counselor recommendations, and space availabilty.
The TS Application may be found on the Talent Search Forms page in PDF format. Applications for both high school students and middle school students are available.