The Educational Talent Search program identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education.
The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to the postsecondary school of their choice.
Educational Talent Search also serves high school dropouts by encouraging them to reenter the educational system and complete their education.
The goal of Educational Talent Search is to increase the number of youth from disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school and enroll in the postsecondary education institution of their choice.
Services Provided by the Talent Search Program
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling
- Advice on entry or re-entry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services on an as-needed basis
- Information on postsecondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for families of participants
Services Provided by Grade
|X||X||X||X||Information on careers|
|X||X||X||X||Trips to experience educational places|
|X||X||X||X||Study skills information|
|X||X||Information on schools and financial aid/scholarships|
|X||X||Catalogs, brochures and viewbooks for colleges|
|X||X||Assistance with completing applications for admission|
|X||X||Study guides for ACT and SAT exams|
|X||Reimbursement for gasoline to visit two college campuses (up to $60 total reimbursement)|
|X||Application for admission to schools|
|X||Application and assistance for financial aid|
|X||Scholarship search assistance|
|X||X||Fee waivers for ACT or SAT exams|
|X||X||Reimbursement for 50% of the cost for ACT or SAT preparation courses|
|X||College Application Fee|