To be eligible for TRIO Upward Bound, participants must...
- Be a first-generation student
- Meet the federal family low-income guidelines
- A desire to attend a post-secondary institution
- Currently enrolled at Fort Dodge Senior High, Marshalltown High School, or Perry High School
- Have completed the 8th grade
- Be between the ages of 13 and 19
- Have a need for academic support in order to pursue a program of postsecondary education
What is first-generation?
A first-generation college student is one whose parents have not completed a four-year college program.