Students must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the Upward Bound program:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent has a 4-year college degree)
- Meet the federal family low-income guidelines
- A desire to attend a post-secondary institution
- Currently enrolled in at Fort Dodge Senior High, Marshalltown High School, or Perry High School
- Have completed the 8th grade
- Be between the ages of 13 and 19
- Have a need for academic support in order to pursue a program of postsecondary education
The Upward Bound program requires that two-thirds of the participants must be low-income and potential first-generation college students. The remaining one-third must be either low-income or potential first-generation college students.
Students are selected based on a number of criteria including academic need and performance, student’s self-assessment, teacher/counselor recommendations and space availabilty.
Application & Important Forms
Contact Us if you would like an application mailed to you.